PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Fresh Raspberry and Lemon Pie...

 


I hope everyone is all geared up and ready for Easter...

... we're gettin' there.

I've got our eggs boiled and ready for coloring and my potatoes cookin' for my potato salad that I'm making for our Easter picnic tomorrow.

Since we live on an island, I thought it would be a great idea to do something totally out of the ordinary for us and have an Easter picnic on the beach. Usually we stay at home and I prepare a nice brunch or sit down supper for the family.

... kinda rebellious.......... I like it!

I figured, nothing too fussy... just a picnic lunch of ham and cheese on sweet rolls, potato salad, fruit salad, a cooler to pack it all up in, and the beach!

Something else not-so-fussy...... this super easy, throw together pie...... a great Spring time dessert.

Whether you do something traditional or totally, crazily out of the ordinary this Easter....... just have fun!

Aloha and Happy Easter!


Fresh Raspberry and Lemon Pie
  • 1 package Cream Cheese (8 Oz. Package)
  • 1 package Jell-O Instant Lemon Flavor Pudding And Pie Filling (1 Oz. Sugar Free Or 3.4 Oz. Regular)
  • 1 cup Cold Milk
  • 2 teaspoons Lemon Zest
  • 2 cups Cool Whip - Divided
  • 1 whole Keebler Shortbread Pie Crust (6 Oz. Package)
  • 1 cup Fresh Raspberries
  •  
Beat the cream cheese, dry pudding mix, milk, and lemon zest in a large bowl until well blended. Gently stir in 1 cup of Cool Whip. Spoon into the crust and top with the remaining Cool Whip. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Top with the raspberries before serving.

Presentation tip: you can also pipe your whipped topping on the pie and/or create a berry medley using strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.

Enjoy!

Printable Recipe here on Tasty Kitchen

6 comments:

  1. Looks DIVINE!

    I would love a piece right now, please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo stealing this recipe. I saw the picture and was wow, how pretty..and then you said it was a "throw together" pie??? huh, no way....then I read the recipe!
    Genius, and it looks just like you slaved away all day!

    Happy Easter...wish I was on the beach too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies... it's a great pie... I love making it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your idea of Easter picnic on the beach. Sounds perfect. Who says you have to have a sit down meal?

    ReplyDelete
  5. this sounds, and looks, delicious! :) thanks for stopping by my blog the other day!! :) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. This pie looks great! I love raspberry, cream cheese and lemon when they come together in any kind of dessert. :) Thank you so much for the tips on the cake pops!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... leave a comment... oh, and thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...