PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pumpkin Cream Pies...


 

Have you ever had a conversation about something with someone, and then a few days later what you were talking about suddenly pops up... for example... I was mentioning the movie Jaws to my husband. Then literally the next day there was a Jaws marathon on one of the movie channels!

Freaky!?!...... Right!?!

Let me tell you, when there is a Jaws marathon on TV, nobody has to tell me twice to tune into that mother.

NOBODY.

It's one of those movie series that I have got to watch... even though I am covering my eyes half the time. No joke.

Don't even get me started on the movie score.

Ok... so... I grew up with a pool. My sister and I lived in that pool all summer long. It never failed that at least once... maybe twice... ok, multiple times, I would freak myself out and convince myself that somehow a killer great white shark was in our pool. Cue the Jaws movie score in my frightened little girl head. I was out of that pool so fast...

I was a nervous child.

Anyway... sharks aside, I was totally thinking about making these cookies, and not too long after, my daughter was approaching me about when I was going to be making our pumpkin cookies that we enjoy every Fall. Another freaky mind thing... yes?

So, I wanted to change it up a little, and I decided to make them into cream pies. Who doesn't love cream sandwiched between two cookies!?!

... Or even scary shark movies, for that matter.

Ummm, nobody.......


Pumpkin Cream Pies

For The Pies:

For The Filling:

  • 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
  • 1 (8oz.) Block of Cream Cheese, Softened
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
  • 3 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
When the pumpkin cookies have cooled completely, match them in pairs as best as you can according to their size and shape; set aside.

In a medium mixing bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese until fluffy, about two minutes. Add the vanilla and beat to combine. Add the powdered sugar a little at a time and incorporate well into the butter and cream cheese mixture, all the while scraping down the sides of the bowl. Lastly add the cinnamon and mix in completely. 

Once the filling is made you can either spread it or pipe it. If piping, use a 16 inch piping bag. Add a #12 round tip, securing it with a coupler to the piping bag. Fill your bag about half full, pressing the filling down toward the bottom of the piping bag. Fold the corners in and twist, securing it shut. 

Take a pumpkin cookie or pie, and flip it over so the flat side is up. Placing the piping tip to the center of the pie, apply pressure to the bag to build a nice fluffy cloud of filling onto the pie. Take the matching pie and press it flat side down, gently, sandwiching the filling in between each pie. Continue until all the pies are made. Makes 16-18 pies. 

Enjoy!

I'm linking this post up to I'm Lovin' It.

1 comment:

  1. Your cream looks so...well, creamy! What a great pairing with the pumpkin cookie. Yummy! How well I remember Jaws...My friends and I were house sitting at the beach when we went to see that movie?!?

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... leave a comment... oh, and thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...