PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pasta with Goat Cheese

 


Here is a simple pasta dish that literally takes no time to whip up. The goat cheese gives it a nice creamy texture. To balance the tanginess of the goat cheese I thought I'd add some crispy pancetta.

I like it as a main dish, but can definitely serve as a side dish, without a doubt.

Being that we are super busy with our upcoming move, it's a given that I want my meals to come together easily.

Are you in a rush to get dinner on the table or just extremely busy? If so, this is the dish for you...

Pasta with Goat Cheese

  • 1 Pound Cellentani Pasta
  • 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
  • 4 Oz. Pancetta, Diced
  • 8 Oz. Goat Cheese, Room Temperature
  • 1/2 Cup Hot Pasta Water
  • 1 Cup Frozen Peas, Defrosted
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper, Or To Taste
  • 1/3 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese, Or To Taste 

Boil water in a large pot and cook the pasta for 8-10 minutes, or until al dente. In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a medium pan on medium/low heat. Dice the pancetta and add to the pan until crispy. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.

Once the pasta is done, drain it, reserving 1/2 cup of the water. Return the pasta to the pot and add the water and goat cheese. Toss, coating well. Add the pancetta, peas, pepper, and parmesan cheese. Combine well. Makes 8 servings.

Enjoy!

This post is linked to Southern Sundays.

7 comments:

  1. This looks like a plate of pure comfort! Delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love meals that go together in a hurry. I have all of these ingredients, so I'm going to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, this is making my mouth water! I'd love it if you would share this post on my Southern Sundays linky party on Sunday. www.asliceofsouthern.blogspot.com

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining Southern Sundays with this wonderful recipe! I'll be announcing the featured recipes next week. Hope to see you at the next party with another great item!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a really easy recipe that I would do on Sundays, it looks delicious and I love goat cheese, definetly a must try

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... leave a comment... oh, and thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...