PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Blueberry Almond Granola...

 

So we all know that everyone is trying to eat healthy the beginning of the New Year.

...... I am no exception.

I always set a goal to be healthier than I was the previous year. I'm going to really try to stick to my guns this time.

I told my husband the other night that I was thinking about cutting out all sugar in my diet. Then I suggested to him that maybe I try the Paleo Diet.

He said he'd support whatever I decided to do, but mentioned a few key points.

1.) I have a cooking and baking blog... how will the NO SUGAR fit into that?

2.) Cavemen hunted and gathered for their food... and the food was available according to season. Won't a diet such as this one be hard to maintain this day and age?

Yeah, I've pretty much re-evaluated my eating plans.

I could never cut out sugar ...... NEVER ...... I just figure I'll eat it in moderation. As for going Paleo...... doesn't really fit into my lifestyle.

So, after contemplating how I'm going to lose weight and get healthy...... I've decided to eat less, move more.

What I need to be doing anyway. Brilliant!

Anyway, I plan on making better food choices and exercising regularly...... and do my best to stick with it.

Over and out.


Blueberry Almond Granola

  • 2-1/2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
  • 1/2 Cup Roughly Chopped Almonds
  • 1/3 Cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
  • 1-1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
  • 4 Tablespoons Salted Butter, Melted
  • 2 Tablespoons Clover Honey
  • 1 Tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
  • 1 Cup Dried Blueberry Craisins
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F).

In a large bowl combine the oats, almonds, coconut, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, honey, syrup, and vanilla extract. 

Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. 

Evenly spread the mixture onto a large cookie sheet. Bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. The longer you leave the mixture in, the darker the granola will be. Once the granola is to your liking, remove from the oven and immediately stir in the dried blueberry craisins. Cool completely and eat as a snack, as a cereal with milk, or enjoy with yogurt. 

Enjoy!


5 comments:

  1. Your granola looks delicious! Blueberry-Almond is genius...I'll be giving this a try real soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely granola! A perfect start to the day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be great to take on our hikes. My husband would love it, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love granola and make it all the time, I haven't yet tried blueberry though, sound so good. I love honey in anything and that extra cinnamon won me over!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really enjoying cruising around your site and this recipe looks divine. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... leave a comment... oh, and thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...