PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Chocolate Mint Cookie Cupcakes with Mint Buttercream...



While grocery shopping the other day, I saw these Mint Creme Middles. I snatched them right up with an idea to make some cupcakes. I debated whether to make chocolate cupcakes from scratch or just buy a cake mix. The latter won out.

I know it's better to bake from scratch...... blah, blah, blah, blah...... blah.

But, I just didn't feel like it. Boxed cake mixes are so much easier. Great for when you're in a pinch for time. I did make the frosting from scratch, though. I'm pretty sure that counteracts my slacker-ness in using a boxed mix...... right?

Anyway, I like adding something new or unexpected to a boxed mix. Like these Mint Creme Middles I picked up. It's fun to find a surprise in your cupcake every once in a while!


Chocolate Mint Cookie Cupcakes

  • 1 Box of Devils Food Cake (1lb- 2.25 Oz.), Plus Ingredients Listed To Make The Cake
  • 2 Packages of  Keebler Mint Creme Middles ( 9.5 Oz.)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F.)

Make the cake batter according to the directions on the back of the box. Fill two pre-lined muffin/cupcake pans with half of the batter, then place a mint creme cookie over the batter. Distribute the rest of the batter evenly, over the mint cremes. Bake according to the instructions. Cool completely and frost with Mint Buttercream (recipe below). Garnish with whole or crushed mint cremes. Makes 24 cupcakes. 


Mint Buttercream

  • 1/2 Cup Salted Butter
  • 1 Pound Powdered Sugar
  • 4 Tablespoons Half and Half Or Whole Milk
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Pure Mint Extract
  • 2-3 Drops of Green Liquid Or Gel Food Coloring (Optional)
In a large bowl, cream the butter. Add half of the powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of the half and half and combine. Add the rest of the powdered sugar and half and half. Add in the mint extract and mix until
well combined. Lastly, mix in the food coloring, if using. Frosts 24 cupcakes. 


16 comments:

  1. These sound delicious and look adorable!! Great combo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love chocolate and mint. And, I actually like cake mix. Sure, I like doing it from scratch, but a cake mix is easy and good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! Always go with boxed mixes :) so much easier than from scratch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah chocolate & mint is my favorite flavor combination! These look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do what works...And this absolutely works!

    My daughter is looking over my shoulder and pleading to make these today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously! i think your reading my mind lately with all these yummy recipes! oh so much baking to do and not enough time or ingredients..haha! they look lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look incredible!! You take wonderful pictures!!! I'd really love for you to start linking up to my Sweet Treats Party on the weekends.

    I'm following you on GFC, twitter, FB, as well as stumbling and pinning this post! I'd love a follow back when you get a sec!!

    Ashton
    http://www.somethingswanky.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! These look fantastic! So pretty, so professional looking, and the chocolate-mint combination is one of my faves. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. like so much your cupcake...btw thank you so much to passing my Belle caketopper an mould blog.
    Btw would you mind to feature at my other blog...
    http://showyourcake.blogspot.com/

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. yum! these look great! I found your blog through a link party and I love it! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would come check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks so much!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look and sound yummy! Box mixes are great and easy, I use them a lot. This is one of those cupcakes that I just keep scrolling back up to look at! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love these! They're beautiful. The brown and green is so pretty together. I'd like to invite you to share your recipe on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/08/sweet-indulgences-sunday-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are beautiful cupcakes! Chocolate and mint are favorite flavors at our house! Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your site is so pretty! Thanks for stopping by mine! AND delicious cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... leave a comment... oh, and thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...