PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, July 18, 2011

Banana Cream Pie...




I love pie. Pie is good... very good. 

Given the choice of cake, ice cream, candy, or pie......

Pie would win out.

Every. Single. Time.

I even love making pie. I love simple, easy, creamy pies the best...

... Coconut Cream Pie, Chocolate Mousse Pie... Banana Cream Pie. I think you get the point.

Since it is summer, I am happy to buy the pre-made graham cracker pie crusts. Any excuse, not to use my oven, is welcomed gladly. It does cool off some in the "winter" months on the island, believe it or not, and becomes more humid in the summer months.

Here are three very good reasons why you should make this pie:

1. You can literally whip this pie up in no time... SCORE.

2. It's tasty... SCORE... again.

3. Plus it's got fruit in it, making it healthy in my opinion... TRIPLE SCORE.

How can you beat that? Now you're going to have to make it. Oh, and by the way, I'm now on Twitter. Just click the widget on the right to follow all of my tweets.

Now, the recipe...

Banana Cream Pie 
  • 1 package Jello Vanilla Instant Pudding and Pie Filling (3 ounce Box)
  • 1-1/2 cup Milk
  • 1-3/4 cup Cool Whip, Thawed
  • 3/4 cups Sour Cream
  • 4 Whole Bananas, Sliced
  • 1 whole Graham Cracker Crust (9 inches)
In a large bowl whisk together the dry pudding mix and milk. Next, fold in the Cool Whip and sour cream. Layer half of the pudding mixture and then bananas into the graham cracker crust ending with the remaining pudding on top. Refrigerate up to 4 hours or until set. Garnish with bananas, if desired. Makes 8 servings. 

Enjoy!


* I was trying out a new comment format, but wasn't liking it, so I changed it back. For some reason... this particular post will not allow comments and two comments were deleted in the process. It should be fine for future posts, though. So... if you want to leave a comment regarding the Banana Cream Pie, you can do so on my Facebook Page. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience! 


This post is linked to I'm Lovin' It Fridays and Sweet Tooth Friday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...