It's August...... I cannot believe another school year is upon us! I have one daughter entering the 4th grade and another entering high school...... yikes!
To celebrate that last hurrah of summer......
....... a pie.
...... a tropical pie.
...... a tropical cheesecake pie. Yes, a cheesecake/pie. They exist.
...... and it's NO BAKE!
...... and the recipe title rhymes. You should make it and consume it, for that reason alone.
So, you hooked now?
No Bake Tropical Cheesecake
- 2- 8oz. Packages of Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/3 Cup Regular or Light Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Pineapple Coconut Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1- 8oz. Can of Crushed Pineapple, Drained
- 1- 11oz. Can of Mandarin Oranges, Drained
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 4oz. Cool Whip, Thawed (About half of the container)
- 2- 6oz. Prepared Graham Cracker Crusts or a Baked Pastry Pie Crust
Using a hand mixer, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, juice, and vanilla extract. Add the sugar, pineapple, oranges and coconut. Mix well.
Fold in the whipped topping. Divide the filling between two prepared pie crusts. Chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
Slice and serve with a dollop of whipped topping and toasted coconut.
* To toast coconut:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F). Place the desired amount of shredded coconut in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Place in the oven, to brown. It will not take very long, so watch carefully. You do not want it to burn! Remove the cookie sheet carefully and allow the toasted coconut to cool.