PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, January 4, 2013

Pineapple Mandarin Orange Smoothie...

 

Happy 2013 to all of you!

I know a lot of us have New Year Resolutions to eat healthy and exercise. So, I thought after posting all those sweets in December, I'd post a simple healthy recipe.

I love smoothies, because not only are they good for you, but they taste sweet, too. I want healthy without sacrificing flavor. Can't stand bland, good-for-you foods..... yuck!

The best way to stay eating healthy, is to not compromise the flavor of your healthier foods.

I've tried some real doozies in the past when it comes to diet plans, but the best way I've found to keep on track is eating less fattening foods, portion control, never depriving myself, and of course exercise.

I am sooo NOT a nutritional expert, but this is what works for me.

Even if you're not looking to lose weight, I hope you'll still try this smoothie. It tastes great either way!


Pineapple Mandarin Orange Smoothie

  • 1 Cup Pineapple, Cubed (Fresh or Frozen)
  • 1 Cup Mandarin Oranges, Drained
  • 6 oz. French Vanilla Bean or Vanilla Yogurt
  • 1/4- 1/2 Cups Reduced Fat or Skim Milk
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Honey 

In a blender, blend the pineapple, mandarin oranges, yogurt, milk and honey together until smooth. The less milk used, the thicker the smoothie. Makes about 2 cups.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. This sounds really good! I need to drink more smoothies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delicious and I love smoothies and always go to Jamba Juice to get one like this but looks so much better. Thanks for sharing

    xoDale
    http://www.savvyspice.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been smoothie obsessed since New Years, I can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good one to add to my list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you know that I have been looking for smoothie recipes? This sounds so tropical and delicious. I could use a nice island escape whether physically, or mentally, so I'm going to try this.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... leave a comment... oh, and thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...