PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars...




I know I've been posting a lot of sweets, but really, I positively cannot help it.

It's Christmastime, people.

I'm a baking fool this time of year.

I love baking anyway, but Christmas baking is so much fun! It wouldn't be Christmas without all the goodies we have in the house or without delivering some to those we know.

The down side of this...... having sweets in the house pretty much THE ENTIRE MONTH OF DECEMBER!!!

Why?

There goes my diet. Yep, the one I've been on, oh... since after I gave birth to my 13 year old.

Although, I am doing pretty well as of this week. I've learned not to deprive myself. That's the key, because if I do, I'll end up scarfing my face full of more than just Christmas cheer.

Capeesh?

 A sugar overload. Not good.

So, I've decided a small sweet a day will be perfect. I get my fix, without over indulging. A win/win in my book.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

  • 1 Stick of Butter
  • 1 Sleeve Graham Crackers (About 2 Cups), Finely Crushed
  • 1 Cup Milk Chocolate Morsels
  • 1 Cup Peanut Butter Morsels
  • 1/4 Cup Peanuts, Finely Chopped*
  • 1/4 Cup Pecans, Finely Chopped (Optional)*
  • 1 Can (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
* Add the peanuts and/or the pecans to your taste.

Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees (F).

Place the butter in a glass 13x9 baking dish and set in the oven to melt, watching carefully. Once the butter is melted, carefully remove it from the oven and layer the crushed graham crackers, morsels, and nuts in that order. Drizzle the milk over the layers, making sure to saturate the ingredients well. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until very bubbly and somewhat browned on top. Remove from the oven and allow the bars to cool and set completely (3-4 hours). It will look a little gooey, until the bars set. Cut into squares or triangles. Makes about 15 squares or 30 triangles, depending on how large the bars are cut.

Enjoy! 

4 comments:

  1. Haha, funny post...I can relate! These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photo is truly amazing. Great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found myself muttering OMG when I saw this photo...these are my kind of sweet! Can't wait to make these, they are calling my name!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... leave a comment... oh, and thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...