PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Chocolate Fondue Truffles...




So, what to do with left-over chocolate fondue?

The day after placing the chocolate fondue in the refrigerator, it solidified. I was scooping it out into cups to microwave for my girlies to dip fruit into.

Not as much fun as eating it from a fondue pot.... and honestly, I really didn't want to break it out again.

Sorry, but sometimes a girl just doesn't want to have to do the dishes.

Anyway, I had a brilliant idea! Why not roll the chilled fondue into truffles? I mean... does it really matter how I get my chocolate fondue fix.....

..... um, not really.

So, to make them even more indulgent, I decided to roll my fondue truffles in chopped macadamia nuts, chopped Reece's Pieces Baking Chips, and Toll House Mini Chocolate Morsels. Anything goes here, really.

Coconut would be fab, but I seem to be the only coconut lover in my household... and I didn't want to seem too selfish with these babies.

If, at anytime, you have left-over chocolate fondue... don't throw it out (gasp!)... chill it and make some decadent truffles. It's totally worth it.


Chocolate Fondue Truffles

  • Chilled, Left Over Chocolate Fondue
  • Chopped Nuts, Baking Morsels, and/or Candies of Your Choice
Using a melon baller, scoop the chilled fondue and roll into 1 inch truffles. Roll the truffles in the nuts, morsels, and/or candies you have chosen, covering completely. Chill in the refrigerator for a few hours to overnight. Remove just before serving. 

Enjoy! 

5 comments:

  1. i HATE throwing out leftover fondue but it never gets reheated so it just sits in the fridge. what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I hate throwing out stuff, especially sweet stuff. This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This idea is brilliant!! And they looks so good my mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're definitely on to something here, Emily! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This fondue truffles looks delicious. Your pictures are amazing! ☺

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... leave a comment... oh, and thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...