PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Crab Bruschetta...



Appetizers are... among many... of my favorite foods to eat.

I'm a grazer. Big time.

I like having choices. Lot's of them. Appetizers allow for that.

Don't even get me started on bread...... love the stuff.

So, that being said, I knew I wanted to make a bruschetta.



I mean it even sounds wonderful...... bruuussschetta. Say it with me. Come on...

Bruuussschetta.

In your best Giada DeLaurentiis Italian accent. Luvs her!

Anyway, if you heart bread... like I do... and heart crab, this is the appetizer for you.


Crab Bruschetta
Adapted from Crab and Lemon Bruschetta by Giada DeLaurentiis

  • 1 French Bread Baguette, Cut into 30 (1/2- inch Thick) Slices 
  • 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
  • 1 Whole Garlic Clove, Cut In Half
  • 18 Oz. Lump Crab, Drained
  • 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
  • 1 Tablespoon Sour Cream
  • 1 Tablespoon Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
  • 1 Tablespoon Fresh Or Freeze Dried Chives, Plus Some for Garnish
  • 2 Dashes Hot Sauce
  • 30 Slices Of Cherry Tomatoes, For Garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F).

Place the bread on cookie sheets and brush with olive oil. Place in the center of the oven and bake for 5-8 minutes. 

Meanwhile, place the crab in a large bowl; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, parmesan, salt and pepper, chives, and hot sauce. Pour over the crab and gently fold to combine. Place the crab mixture into the refrigerator to chill until the bread is done. 

Remove the bread from the oven and transfer to parchment paper. Carefully rub the cut side of the garlic onto the baguette pieces; they will be very hot. Top each piece with a heaping teaspoon of the chilled crab mixture. Garnish with a slice of cherry tomato and chives. Makes 30 bruschetta. 

If you have any left-over crab, it should keep a day or two at the most. Use it to top your salads with. 

Enjoy!

I'm linking this post up to Tidy Mom's I'm Lovin' It.

2 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful! I love appetizers too that is what we had for dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love all things Bruschetta and Crab in my family so I am definitely making these! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... leave a comment... oh, and thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...