PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, May 9, 2011

Orange Chocolate Sauce...

 


I love chocolate sauce... and here's why:

1. It tastes good. Obvi.

2. It's versatile... you can put it on almost anything sweet... even some savory foods.

3. It's a great food gift... just whip it up, package it in some cute canning jars with labels, and give em' away.

4. It tastes good. Ooops, I already said that didn't I?

Well, although I love chocolate sauce, I had never made it before. I would just buy it at the store if I ever needed it. Let me tell ya... all that is gonna change. Here's why:

1. It's easy to make.

2. Anything from scratch is totally better than store bought... and yes, I do cut corners a lot by buying store bought..... no shame in that. But if you ever have the chance to make it yourself... I suggest it. It's nice to feel like June Cleaver or Donna Reed every once in a while.

3. You can adjust the flavorings to your taste... customize... I'm all about that!

4. Did I mention it's easy?....... Well, it is.... fo' shizzle (sorry there's my Snoop Dogginess coming out again).

So, please make this chocolate sauce. As you do, throw on some pearls, high heels, and an apron. Rock that 1950's housewife look..... it's actually kinda fun. 


Orange Chocolate Sauce
  • 1 bag (11.5 oz) of Milk Chocolate Chips
  • 2 Tablespoons of Butter, Softened
  • 1 Teaspoon of Pure Vanilla Extract
  • 1/2 Teaspoon of Orange Extract
  • 1/2 Pint of Heavy Whipping Cream 
In a small bowl, place the chocolate chips, butter, vanilla and orange extracts; set aside. Heat the cream in a saucepan, just until boiling. Remove from the heat and pour over the ingredients that have been set aside. Let it sit for about 15-30 seconds, then whisk until smooth. Pour the chocolate sauce in an airtight container or jar(s) and store in the refrigerator. The sauce will thicken up. To warm, microwave at 10 second intervals. Serve over ice cream, pancakes, pound cake, or whatever your heart desires. Makes 2 cups. 

Enjoy!  

I'm linking this post up to Tidy Mom's I'm Lovin' It.

7 comments:

  1. I love homemade chocolate sauce! Yours looks divine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks sooo good! It looks velvety. Will you be posting a recipe on that pound cake? It looks like all kinds of buttery deliciousness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I love the flavor of orange paired with chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! @Sinful Sundays... that's actually a Sara Lee Pound Cake... it's in the freezer section at the grocery store. It's pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Emily this looks dangerously good! Chocolate and oranges are just meant to go together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, this looks so smooth and creamy! Love the orange/chocolate combo. too!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... leave a comment... oh, and thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...