PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Birthday Cake...

 


I must be crazy or something, because I agreed to a sleepover birthday party for my now 12 year old daughter. Plus, I had all that other stuff going on that I mentioned before.

Yes, certifiably crazy.

P.S. Please excuse the un-ironed tablecloth in the picture... I was being lazy and didn't want to iron... I'll admit it.

Anyway... I love baking, but I always order a cake for my girls birthday parties. Pastries and cupcakes...... those I can handle...... but fancy birthday cakes? Not so much.




This year my daughter wanted me to make a small cake for her and some cupcakes for her party guests to decorate. Since I was a little strapped for time, I decided to go with an easy boxed mix and container of frosting. I did contemplate making the frosting from scratch, but in the end went the easy route.

I piped a few simple roses on the top, bought some pirouette cookies, cut them down, and placed them around the cake. My daughter loves these cookies, so I thought it would be nice to incorporate them.




It needed a little something, so I made a cute topper from scrapbooking paper, a lollipop stick, and some embellishments.

I thought it would be a nice whimsical touch.

Overall, I was pretty happy with how the cake turned out...

... and I think my daughter was too.

10 comments:

  1. Your cake looks so pretty and I bet your daughter loved it! The topper is the perfect punch of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a pretty cake. I really like the cookies at the side---i may be stealing that idea, lol. Happy Birthday to your daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredibly gorgeous cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing about that cake looks like you took the easy route. It is just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily, you are so talented! What a beautiful cake! If your taking orders, I will take 2 shipped to Texas :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies for the nice compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful cake! I am extremely jealous that your daughter has such a great mom with great taste! I bet her birthday party rocked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This cake is gorgeous! I never would have guessed how quickly you pieced it together...something like this would have taken me days. Happy Birthday to your daughter and glad to have found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This article is an appealing wealth of informative data that is interesting and well-written. I commend your hard work on this and thank you for this information. You’ve got what it takes to get attention. baby shower cakes los angeles

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... leave a comment... oh, and thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...