PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Project Simplify: Week #1 and Fettuccini Alfredo...



Just in case you missed it, I decided to participate in Simple Mom's Project Simplify. Her book, Organized Simplicity, is a great guide that accompanies this process.

And my house is in dire need of decluttering... seriously, it is. 

The first Hot Spot was our wardrobe and closet. OK, this seems pretty easy I thought...

And it was, but I am a major procrastinator.... major. So going through everything the day BEFORE it was supposed to be completed was a little stressful. But hey, that was totally my fault.

It was kinda like in college, when I had a paper to write and I'd wait until the night before to complete it...

You know that feeling, right? Well, anyway... I tackled Hot Spot #1 and here are the results, because I know you're just dying to see my hot mess of a wardrobe:



This is when I'm thinking... "I shoulda done this earlier."





"I really shoulda done this earlier!"




" Oh man, now I gotta go through my closet!"




"I have WAY too much stuff!"




"I'm gonna miss you '97 Warped Tour sweat shirt... sniff, sniff."

 
I have had this sweat shirt for YEARS... and yes, I have worn it off and on. I finally cut the cord and decided to get rid of it. I mean, look at it... the logo is falling apart, and it feels all scratchy inside from multiple washes. So, to soothe the pain, I decided to make some rich and creamy Fettuccini Alfredo.

It helped... a lot.

Fettuccini Alfredo

  • 1 box Fettuccini Pasta, Cooked And Drained
  • 1-½ stick Butter
  • 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
  • 1 pint Half-and-half
  • 1-½ cup Parmesan Cheese
Boil water in a large pot and add pasta. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.

While the water boils for the pasta, melt the butter in a small saucepan; next add the garlic and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the half-and-half and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.

Once pasta is cooked and drained, add cream mixture and parmesan; blend. Let fettuccini stand covered for a few minutes to thicken. Garnish with extra parmesan and parsley. Serve with garlic bread. Serves 10.

Printable Recipe here on Tasty Kitchen

Enjoy!

I'm linking this up to Simple Mom's Project Simplify: Hot Spot #1

Now, go clean out your wardrobe and get all depressed because you're throwing out memorabilia of your youth. Then make this fettuccini to ease the pain...
 

7 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm, that fettucine alfredo looks DIVINE!

    Can you tell I love food?!

    Your declutter is also fabulous - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than clean & no clutter... and of course pasta with a buttery fattening cream sauce :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fettucini looks delicious! Yum!

    I got rid of the college tshirt that was too small for me when I bought it several, several pounds ago. It was soooo cute though. :/ Still, it's liberating when it's all done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great reward for a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't part with my memorabilia. My Nirvana t-shirts are going to make a great quilt one day. (I swear I'll do it one day!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fettuccine alfredo dish would be a great reward for doing any unpleasant task:) I am a major procrastinator also, but I bet you felt so much better cleaning out your clothes! You did a great job. Kudos to you! I LOVE your appleminis too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all the nice comments!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... leave a comment... oh, and thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...