PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Lemonade Cake...

 

I know a lot of you are looking forward to spring, so I thought I'd post this Lemonade Cake recipe, baked by both my husband's mom and sister.

It's simple and delightfully refreshing...

... and who doesn't like something refreshing after being cooped up for the winter?

Because I live in a climate that is warm year round, I usually make spring and summer recipes during our "winter" season. To tell you the truth, I do miss having the seasons. I know, you probably think I am crazy for thinking so, but I do get tired of the heat ALL year round.

I miss seeing the leaves change color, wearing cozy sweaters, and the anticipation of spring. On the other hand, we can go to the beach pretty much any time of the year and my girls get to play outside a lot.

So, I guess I'll quit my complaining and share this fantabulous recipe with you. I think you're really gonna like it.

Lemonade Cake

  • 1 box (18.25 Oz. Box) Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix
  • 1 package (4-serving Package) Jell-O Instant Lemon Pudding
  • 4 whole Eggs
  • 1 cup Oil
  • 1 cup Water
  • 2 cups Powdered Sugar
  • 2 whole Lemons, Juiced
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F).

Cake:
Grease and flour a bundt pan and set aside. In a large bowl combine the yellow cake mix, Jell-O pudding, eggs, oil and water. Beat with a handheld mixer for about 3 minutes or until well combined. Pour evenly into your prepared bundt pan and bake for 38-43 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool slightly in the pan. Invert onto a plate while the cake is still warm.

Lemon glaze:
After inverting your cake, combine the powdered sugar and freshly squeezed lemon juice, adding a little juice at a time, until the desired consistency is reached.

Poke the warm cake all over with a fork and pour the lemon glaze over to coat. With a spatula, scoop and spread the gaze that has dripped off back on the cake, coating well. Cool the cake completely before covering. Serve with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Serves 10.


Enjoy!

I'm linking this post up to Sweets for a Saturday and Made it on Monday Linky Party. Head on over to check out all the other links!

8 comments:

  1. This cake sounds chock-full of the lemony flavor I love so much. Fantastic picture. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cake up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so ready for summery desserts like this. Looks yummy and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cake does sound refreshing and delicious. I can understand why you would like to have the seasons, but at the same time, like you said, it is not too bad to have beach weather either:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so tasty! I'm ready for spring and I think I will make this over the weekend. Hope all is well in Hawaii afer the tsunami scare. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks... we are well. My family doesn't live in an evacuation zone... thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for adding this yummy recipe to the recipe Linky Party!
    I am a HUGE lemon fan :)

    And I am now your newest follower!

    The Made it on Monday, is a every week post. So I hope you join often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum. There is something about lemons that is just refreshing. I also know what it's like to live in a seasonless climate. I'm back to one and loving it. Spring is here! P.S. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... leave a comment... oh, and thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...