PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Decorative Paper Flowers...

 

Since I haven't posted a craft tutorial in quite awhile, and I need to add to my Ideas page, I thought I would share this fun decorative project with you.

This is a super cheap way to add decor to a party... and I LOVE anything that saves me a buck or two!

There are a few steps in creating these paper flowers, but I think it is well worth it. You'll end up with an adorable decoration that you can hang from your patio, above a dessert bar, or along your staircase... as I have done.

So, let's get going.

Supplies:
  • 6 paper bags, such as colorful lunch bags- per flower
  • A ruler
  • A pencil
  • Scissors
  • A hole punch
  • Double sided tape
  • String
  • An object with a rounded edge, such as a cup saucer
Step 1:

Fold the bottom of each bag down on it's self and with a ruler, draw a
straight line just above the crease at the bottom.
You will be cutting this section of
the bag off later:

Step 2:

Measure and mark the center of the top of each bag with a ruler and pencil:

Step 3:

Measure from the center point, diagonally... your preference... on each side of the bags: 

Step 4:

Take a saucer, or another object with a rounded edge, and connect the two points
on each bag. This will make the petal shape:

Step 5:

Cut along your pencil marks and punch a hole just above the base of each bag.
Place double sided tape as shown below. Stack and tape all the bags together.
Cut the string to your desired length and loosely tie a knot to secure it:  

Step 6:

Fan out your bags, pull the two ends together, and tape them to secure.
Place the string along the center of the two ends before securing.
This will help it to hang evenly:

If you want to get all fancy, use crafting scissors that have the decorative edges to cut your petal shape.

I'm linking this post up to Tidy Mom's I'm Lovin' It.

I hope you'll enjoy making these nifty paper flowers...

3 comments:

  1. That's the cutest idea ever! I am not very good at crafts but you make it seem easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sp pretty!!! thanks for stopping by too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! My teenage daughter loves making pretty things like this for her room, can't wait to show her:)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... leave a comment... oh, and thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...