PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Creamy Key Lime Tart...


Guess what I'm going to be doing tonight...

... go on now, guess.

Well, I will be indulging in this yummy dessert while watching The Celebrity Apprentice. I just can't get enough Reality TV... really I can't.

I know, I know... it's not the best of television out there, but I love the drama!

As I mentioned before... I love my "stories." And yes, The Celebrity Apprentice qualifies as one...

... the wealthy, the divorced, the DRAMA.

I mean, reality stars are the utmost definition of drama. Hello... Lil Jon, Latoya Jackson, Jose Canseco... GARY BUSEY, for goodness sake!

Yep, I'm gonna sit myself down with a big piece of this Creamy Key Lime Tart (another great recipe from my mother-in-law, by the way), stuff my face and enjoy Donald Trump's hair and Lil Jon's grill... Whuuuut, Okaaayyy, Yeaahh!!!

Let's not forget Gary Busey's quirky introspective on life...

Ah, yes... I heart you Reality TV.


Creamy Key Lime Tart

FOR THE CRUST:
  • 4-½ cups Honey Bunches Of Oats Cereal With Almonds, Crushed
  • ¼ cups Brown Sugar
  • ¼ cups Butter, Melted
FOR THE FILLING:
  • 8 ounces, weight Cream Cheese, softened
  • 1 can (14oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • ⅓ cups Lime Juice
  • 1 teaspoon Freshly Grated Lime Peel
  • 2 drops Green Food Coloring, Optional
  • 1 cup Non- Dairy Whipped Topping (plus Extra For Topping) 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Crust:
In a medium bowl, combine the cereal, sugar and butter; mix well. Press into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch tart or springform pan. Bake 8-9 minutes; cool completely.

Filling:
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk. Slowly add in the juice, peel, and coloring; beat until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping.

Pour into cooled crust. Chill 1 hour or until set. Garnish with more whipped topping and/or lime peel.

Enjoy!


Print

I've linked this post up to Made it on Monday and Food Fight Friday. Head on over and check out the other links!
 
Yours Truly, Watcher of Reality TV...

7 comments:

  1. Oh me oh my this looks and sounds delish! I love honey bunches of oats and have never thought to use them this way and now I'm dying to try! Seriously now I'm craving key lime pie! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good. My mother-in-law has some great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog from the comment you left on mine. So glad I did! This looks heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted to make key lime pie. Yours sounds so yummy! I love that there are Honey Bunches in the crust. That add a nice flavor.

    I watched Celebrity Apprentice the other night for the first time. With all those crazy starts, I just had to tune in and was not disappointed...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so creamy & light.

    I am so glad you linked up to
    "Made it on Monday"

    I hope you will post more recipes often! :)


    http://larkscountryheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lark... I'm planning on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yumm...OH YUMMMM...Oh Yummm
    Sorry thighs!

    thanks for sharing (Ignore my snearing thighs)

    Would love you to share here too:
    http://choochmagooz.blogspot.com/2011/03/food-fight-friday-who-cut-cheese.html

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... leave a comment... oh, and thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...