PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Applemini's...

 
I think your gonna like these little treats I made. They are very easy. Maybe a little time consuming though... but well worth it!

I'm already addicted to them and even though I swore off unhealthy foods this Lenten season, I kept popping these little suckers in my mouth.

No more. I promise.




They are so dang cute I decided to call them Applemini's.




Because they have apple pie filling in them....... and they are mini sized.......




I bought regular ol' refrigerated pie crusts. I like keeping things simple.... and easy.




I have to give props to my wonderful sister-in-law, since it's her homemade apple pie filling recipe that I used to fill these little babies with.




Holla, wonderful sister-in-law.





You're the best!


Applemini's

  • 4 Boxes (14.1 OZ), Pillsbury Pie Crusts ( 2, 9 inch crusts per box)
  • 3 Whole Large Granny Smith Apples, Peeled and Chopped
  • 2 1/4 Cups Sugar, Divided
  • 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
  • 1/3 Cup Flour
  • 1/4 Cup Water
  • 1 Whole Egg, Beaten
In a large bowl mix your chopped apples with 2 cups of sugar. Set aside for 1/2 an hour; stir. Leave for another 1/2 hour; add the flour and cinnamon. Stir to combine and set aside.

In the meantime, unroll the pie crusts one at a time. Take a 3 inch cookie cutter and cut out 10 rounds per pie crust. You should be able to get 80, 3 inch rounds total. Working two rounds at a time, brush water around the edge of one round. Fill the center with 2 to 3 apple pieces and some of the juices. Stay as close to the center as possible. Next, slit a few marks in the center of the second round, then place it on top of the filling. Using a fork, crimp the edges shut.

Once you have assembled all of the Applemini's, brush the tops with the beaten egg for an egg wash and sprinkle each with the remaining sugar. Bake at 450 degrees (F) for 10 minutes. Makes 40.

You may have some filling left over. Store for another use. I like to use it for apple cobbler.

Printable Recipe here on Tasty Kitchen

Enjoy!

I'm linking this post up to Tidy Mom's I'm Lovin' It Fridays and Sweet Tooth Friday!

8 comments:

  1. The appleminis are really cute. I love the looks of them- good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I love bite-sized desserts.

    I'm hosting a weekly link up, Sweet Tooth Friday, and I'd love to have you share your recipe. http://alli-n-son.com/2011/03/10/vanilla-donuts/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great, love the name appleminis...dainty!
    http://yvettesblogs.com/2011/03/07/tarts-with-zing/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to make something similar!! thanks for sharing the recipe!!

    Thanks for linking up! I featured your post on my wrap up http://tidymom.net/2011/im-lovin-it-wrap-up-3-12-11/

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some home-made pie crusts in my freezer. You have just given me a great idea as to what to make with them. Thanks for sharing your SIL's recipe. Your Appleminis are perfect for dessert or anytime snack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be making these for sure! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute! I'm in love with anything mini! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I featured the appleminis on my little blog at http://wadelmat.blogspot.com/2011/03/appleminis.html
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... leave a comment... oh, and thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...