PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Autumn Pear Salad with Balsamic Pomegranate Vinaigrette...

 


I really love the fall.

The kids are off to school.

I love the crispness in the air.

I get to bake more.

Oh, let me count the ways.... but I won't. We'd be here all day!

Not only do I love all that comes along with fall, but I also love to make salads. I love them because you can turn something so basic as lettuce or mixed greens, into a fabulous creation!

I bought some pears at the store, and some Gorgonzola, and I thought, "What to do with these delicious ingredients?" Immediately I thought of a salad. Something for fall.

This is what I came up with and it's wonderful... if I do say so myself.


Autumn Pear Salad

  • Baby Romaine Greens, Mixed
  • 5-4 Fresh Un-Peeled Pear Wedges
  • Walnuts, Roughly Chopped
  • Gorgonzola Cheese, Crumbled

Balsamic Pomegranate Vinaigrette
  • 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
  • 1 Tablespoon Pomegranate Infused Red Wine Vinegar
  • 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
  • 1/4 Teaspoon of Pepper
  • 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Good Quality

On a serving plate for one, place a large hand full of greens. Add the pear wedges, then the walnuts and Gorgonzola to taste. Set aside.

For the vinaigrette, add all of the ingredients to a small mason jar. Attach the lid and shake vigorously until well combined. Makes 4 oz. of vinaigrette. Drizzle a tablespoon or so, over the salad.  

You can easily double this recipe for a family sized salad. You can also mix the vinaigrette into the salad (to taste) first, toss, then add the other toppings. 

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. This salad sounds delicious, love the Vinaigrette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my kind of salad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the combo of pears and Gorgonzola... they play well together :)

      Delete

Don't be shy... leave a comment... oh, and thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...