PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, February 13, 2011

I Survived...

  Yes, ladies and gents... I survived two and half hours of Valentine Party madness yesterday. I'm happy to report that everyone had a great time and I'm still standing.

The kiddos indulged in the Girls Only!!! Valentine Buffet spread, decorated Valentine Picture Frames and notebooks, played Valentine BINGO, and also a Hot Potato gift game.

If your not familiar with the Hot Potato gift game, I'll explain. You wrap a gift multiple times and it gets passed around while music is playing. When the music stops, whoever has the gift unwraps it. The child who unwraps the final layer gets to keep the gift. This game is always a big hit with the kiddos.

I also had two Valentine gift baskets that were raffled off and a Guess How Many Sweethearts game.

As I promised, here are some pictures of the party...




The Girls Only!!! Valentine Buffet had three types of cookies that I bought at the store, Bakerella's Cake Pops, Paula Deens' Red Velvet Cupcakes with a standard cream cheese frosting, and donut holes.



The garland is made from heart doilies strung with ribbon. The sign is made from pre-cut paper stock that I found at my local craft store and is embellished with a cute Valentine sticker... also found at the craft store. I typed up labels on my computer, cut them out, and used double sided tape to adhere them to the card stock.



I found these adorable picture holders at Pier 1 Imports... on sale... score! I used them to hold the embellished signs for the dessert buffet, the raffle, and the Sweetheart guessing game.



I also found these cylindrical containers with a cardboard base and removable top at the craft store. I added a white ribbon and a Valentine sticker, then filled them with sugar to hold the Cake Pops.



Paula Deens' Red Velvet Cupcakes are delicious! They are the perfect Valentine treat. You can find the recipe here. I topped them with a cream cheese frosting and Wilton Valentine sprinkles.



 Tissue paper pom poms were strung from the ceiling with white ribbon. I'm telling you, once you start making these things, you will not want to stop! Martha Stewart has a tutorial on how to make them... surprise, surprise. When in doubt, I visit her website for ideas. Martha is the Yoda of decor... and cooking... and baking... and crafting... sorry, had to use a Star Wars reference there.

Anyway... I'm gonna go and relax for the rest of the day, because planning a Valentine Party for 11 and 6 year old girls can be a little exhausting...

... but also a lot of fun.

1 comment:

  1. Everything was GREAT!!!! can't say enough good things about the cake pops, make them you will be thanking Emily for the best thing you have ever ate!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... leave a comment... oh, and thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...